Bosch 5312 Review
Bosch is without a doubt one of the largest power tools manufacturers in the world and the 5312 miter saw just goes a long way to show why this is the case. To Bosch, it is always about the increased efficiency, integrated design and product innovation; the three distinguishing factors that separate this product from others in its class. For its significantly higher price, the product does come with increased expectations and the Bosch 5312 miter saw definitely delivers. In short, if you are looking for a versatile power tool ideal for a wide range of tasks ranging from framing to crown molding, then this is the product to go for. Let’s jump right in and have an in-depth look of what makes this saw one of a kind.
Product Description and Features:
– An Up-front lever for bevel lock and easy range selecting knob – this basically helps you access the controls easily thus facilitating much faster bevel settings that are also more accurate.
– A large 25.5 Inch base for enhanced power – besides its dual bevel miter saw, the Bosch 5312 entails a powerful 15 amp and 120 voltage motor in its overall design to accommodate a wide range of sizes. This is without mentioning the 25.5 inch base with in-built cast sliding extensions and tall 4.5 inch speed sliding track fences for enhanced bevel setup. These features make the product particularly good in crown moulding applications.
– Innovative miter detent system for precision – miter detent systems in most saws will feature angles ranging from 22.5 to 31.6 degrees on the left and 45 degrees on the right. However, the 5312 saw features an outstanding system that features an outstanding 52 degrees on the left, and a convenient 60 degrees on the right. This not only enhances accurate cuts and smooth finishes, but also consistent miter angles that are precise.
– Electric brake – repetitive cuts can be quite tricky, but not with this fast electric brake with the ability to stop the blade in mere seconds.
– User friendly bevel – unlike most miter saws in its class, the bevel on the 5312 is very easy to read thus making it a whole lot faster for you to accurately adjust the bevel settings and miter angles.
– Other additional features to be found in the package include a dust bag, a wrench set, a vertical tool-free work clamp and premium 60-tooth carbide-tipped blade.
Those who have used cheaper saws will concur with the fact that precision is not guaranteed to all products or miter saws in this case. To begin with, the Bosch 5312 is more solid and stable; a factor that can partly be attributed to its significantly heavier weight. With this, the product is able to glide more smoothly on its rails thus making it quite a joy to use.
The simplistic but innovative features entailed in its design facilitate a user-friendly experience to make every task at hand a much easier affair than it normally would with other saws. In essence, it is way faster to adjust the bevel and miter settings on the 5312 than it is with other saws and this is without mentioning the large handle designed to offer enhanced grip thus easy to operate with both hands.
The detent override system is also another essential well-thought feature that Bosch entailed in the saw’s overall design to give an edge. To simply put it, the override firmly holds the saw in one position and at the exact set angle resulting in precise, smooth finishes.
Its large size too comes with additional benefits where the on-board sliding extensions offer a whopping 40” of support; perfect for accommodating a wide range of material sizes. You also get additional support from the 4.5 inch tall fence particularly ideal for baseboards and cutting crown moulding.
The electric brake stop feature is quite effective and those with larger projects will definitely benefit a lot from this. The products durability is not in question if the solid casing is anything to go by and the cast markings on the degree scale are far much better compared to the normal painted ones. For its relatively immense power, you will also be astonished by how quiet it is.
Its large size can be said to be the only downside of this product and the stock blade could be improved coming from Bosch. Both reviewers and consumers alike have criticized it for its heavy weight and large frame which can sometimes make it awkward to carry or move around.
In conclusion, the Bosch 5312 miter saw is very effective and the above cons are truly the only faults to this product. It is therefore worth every penny and value for your money. Bosch have some great table saws also, check them out here.